Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It Happens!

I read my last post, I saw the date and realised it was more then a year ago. Did I give up
did I give in, have I lost, what happened to the dream.

The dream to climb Mount Kilimanjaro is still there, it is implanted into my heart but so much has happened in the past year, which in so many ways is mapping the climb up the mountain.

Today I went walking, the first 1km is hell on earth. My legs have been enjoying their freedom of sitting the whole day, which I don't, they seem to think its what they are made for, but I don't so we force ourselves to walk.

One step, two steps, feels like I have bricks on my feet. The crazy thing is this is just how it will be and I need to push through the  lazy thoughts in my head, I need to push through the paralysis in my legs and keep walking one foot in front of the other, not giving up, not letting my feet drag and making sure after the 1km I walk the next 1km, and then the next 1km, and then the next.

This is not just about becoming fit and able to walk physically but my mind needs to push through the blocks it has built to just give up. We are not here to give up, there is a mountain to be climbed, and this will be done.

Whats the timeline, whats the purpose, whats the point, who is going.
This will all unfold in the next while as I find my feet again and push through into the DREAM

No comments:

Post a Comment